Good Friday to us everyone! This week has literally flow by. Is it because the holidays are officially here and with all the hustle and bustle our free time is limited? Lots to do, it’s all in the spirt of the season.
Some of you have been asking what’s up with all the selfies on instagram? Over the summer when I attended the 1-day Alt Summit in NYC I met a lovely fashion blogger and stylist, Hillary Rushford of Dean Street Society. Not only was Hillary’s style impeccable, she was sweet and non-assuming. Hillary challenges us to re-assemble our wardrobes and come up with new outfits with the pieces that currently live in our closets. Like I needed another challenge during the holidays…I thought December would be a fun month to play along in her month-long fashion challenge #stylemedecember. If you are looking to rework what you already have and mix up some fun bling and patterns, check out Hillary’s blog and follow her on instagram for the daily style cue. It’s not too late to play along with me!
Now, onto the very fun weekend here in Cleveland! (I feel like this list is so long, if you read it in the voice of Stefon from SNL it will be even more entertaining!)
- Petitti’s Ladies Night Out in Avon : I always love a good shopping outing with my gals. Tonight head over to Petitti’s in Avon for some bubbly and sweets and best of all discount holiday gift shopping. Need the perfect wreath for your front door or swag for the mantel? They have so many beautiful, very chic home accessories. Call up a few friends, give the gang at Petitti’s a shout to get on the guest list and enjoy a night in the warm greenhouse together!
- Banyan Tree’s Annual Hot Toddy Party : This swanky afternoon soirée is one of my ultimate gift-giving must-see shopping stops. Every year I enjoy a way strong mug of “toddy” all while choosing the perfect bauble, holiday fashion and home gifts for friends and family. Plus, this party is a great place to run into friends you haven’t seen in awhile, it’s always a packed house. For details go check out the official invite on their site!
- Ohio City Winterfest : Presented by Great Lakes Brewing. this Saturday holiday festival will take place at Market Square Park (Across the street from the Market) including photos with Santa, tree sales, carriage rides and carolers. For the schedule visit the facebook page event.
- Rocky River Holiday Walk & Light up Lakewood : Start your holiday Saturday with a horse drawn carriage ride around the charming community of Rocky River as they celebrate the Rocky River Holiday Walk. Then in the late afternoon head on over to downtown Lakewood for the lighting of the holiday decorations. Stop into the new Campbell’s Popcorn and grab a coveted seat at Melt for Saturday night dinner. Bundle up, it’s gonna be a chilly one.
- Coventry Village Holiday Festival : Your east-side Saturday holiday celebration destination! Don’t miss out on photos with “Coventry claus” (tie dye anyone?) from 11-4 and kids holiday crafts at Piccadilly Artisan Yogurt from 11-2pm. For their entire event lineup, including lots of great live music, visit the event site.
- Holiday Circlefest in University Circle : If you haven’t had enough celebrating the reason for the season, pack up the family and enjoy the annual University Circle celebration on Sunday. Complete with ice skating, live music and highly decorated museums. The celebration starts at 1pm and wraps up around 7pm that evening. It is a wonderful afternoon celebration. Be there!
- The Christmas Story Run 10 & 5K : While all the runner slots are filled up (YOU GO CLEVELAND RUNNERS!) there are still many opportunities available to volunteer for the wellness merriment this Saturday morning. To find a slot to cheer on our fine city’s runners, check out this website and get yourself signed up today. Also, beware of traffic through downtown and Tremont on Saturday morning..it will be a bit hairy…FYI.
- Shimelonis home : There once was a house in Westlake that had so many holiday lights they wanted to share them with everyone! This Saturday night, make sure to drive by the Shimelonis home at 26760 Gershwin Ave. for their annual holiday open house. Get out of the car and walk through their own light show and chat with the homeowners themselves. They will have the lights tuned on from now until New Years…make sure you swing through and make a donation to their cause. It’s a spectacular scene! Check out this coverage they received last year.
- Boston Mills & Brandywine OPEN for the season : Grab the ski’s & snowboards..it’s time to warm up those legs for snow season! They are making snow and hot cocoa..so if you want to get outdoors for some winter ski fun get those lift tickets this weekend!
- Cleveland Foodies Annual Veggie U Fundraiser : During the season of giving don’t forget to give back when you can. My friend Michelle hosts an annual fundraiser where you have the chance to win BIG! Do good, EAT great! With every donation you are entered to win a smatheirng of gift certificates from area restaurnts. Give to this organization and keep kids in Northeast Ohio learning about the importance of good nutrition and great food!
- Handmade Gifts Workshop : Last but not least, get yourself signed up for this sweet family “Handmade Gifts” workshop for next week (Dec 12th & 13th) at Bay Arts. Taught by my friend Piper Toth, you will leave the class with a few scrubs as gifts or of course for yourself. It’s a great way to involve your children in the gift making process while spending quality time together. Plus, Bay Arts is so charming, it promises to be a nice afternoon experience. Spots are limited, sign up today! $25
That’s a ton to do this weekend Cleveland. Try to get out and see at least one thing…to make your season merrier & brighter! Cheers everyone.