Hey there. Today I am excited to share with you a wonderful and very informative post by fellow reader, blogger and lover of all things vintage…Scarlet Begonia aka Jess.
Jess and I had a nice little back and forth going, about all things vintage (you’ve got to see her Etsy store!) and since she lives in antiqueland..aka Medina, Ohio I asked her if she might be interested in writing a guest post. Something about where the good deals, steals and stellar antiques can be found. All I can say is…thanks Jess, you truly outdid yourself!!! I’d love to come and search for treasures anytime with you, any other “iheart” readers up for a shopping adventure?
Remember to check out the blog Scarlet Begonia…it’s nice design, and stylish tips are very on trend…now onto the awesome post by Jess.
“Hello, iheartcleveland readers! My name is Jess and, yes, my heart does belong to Cleveland, but I currently reside in the ‘burbs. When Charity asked me to share & show you some of my favorite vintage and antique shops in my neck of the woods I was delighted because Medina has some of the best in NE Ohio. I hope you enjoy my selections, next time you are in my neck of the woods shoot me a fb message and you never know, I may just join you!”
In the meantime, these shops are some of my favorites:
1. The Medina Antique Mall (a.k.a. Antique Mecca, no seriously… there are bus tours to this place)
– 2797 Medina Rd Medina, OH 44256
– Off of I -71 on Route 18 (exit 218)
– Housed in a 52,000 sq. ft former grocery store with 250 dealers
– I would be willing to bet if you are looking for it they probably have it. Although, this may mean paying a higher price. This is a great place to start, but I wouldn’t spend all of your money here because I know you’ll find great things at the other stores for less money.
2. Brothers Antique Mall
– 6132 Wooster Pike, Rte 3 South Medina, OH 44256
– 12,000 sq ft with over 100 dealers
– Always worth the stop, I have found many treasures at this place and the furniture and other large items are well priced.
3. Medina Depot Antiques
– 602 W. Liberty St Medina, OH 44256
– Housed in an old train station next door to A.I. Root Candle Factory Store (worth the stop after visiting the Depot)
– This is a great place to find items for the outside of your home as well as the inside. They always have a large selection of books, house wares, and architectural salvage pieces.
4. This-N-That Antiques and Collectibles
– 234 N. Broadway St Medina, Ohio 44256 (North of the Square)
– This shop is a former Florist shop located on N. Broadway surrounded by other residential homes.
– It looks like a house, but inside all the nooks and shelves are filled with linens, old furniture, and all types of jewelry, baskets, glassware which are very reasonably priced.
5. Medina Flea Market
– Held at the Medina County Fairgrounds on the 3rd Sunday of every month.
– One of the best flea markets I have ever been to (and I’ve been to a lot) and I always come home with something. The prices are always reasonable and negotiable, but just like any flea market the earlier you go the better.
THANKS JESS, Cleveland deal finders, antique lovers, thrift shoppers and lovers of a good find will LOVE this post! Great job!