While I was at Marc’s I bought a half pound of sliced Kretschmar Smoked Gouda, Kretschmar Hard Salami, and Kretschmar Off-The-Bone Rotisserie Style Chicken Breast. Our little guy has just discovered sandwiches and it’s funny because myself and Mr. C. don’t typically eat sandwiches. We think he is being exposed to them at school and it’s so cute when he comes home and asks for bread and sandwiches…hence the stopping at the deli counter!
8 oz. Kretschmar Off The Bone Rotisserie Style Chicken
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
In a saucepan over low to medium heat, I combined the chicken and honey until it warms to a slow bubble. Don’t let the honey burn but instead watch it infuse the chicken with a touch of sweetness. I spread the barbecue sauce evenly over the crust, then topped with the sweet chicken and the gouda cheese. I finished the pizza by topping it with the red onions, cilantro, and the blue cheese before it went into the oven.
I baked it for around 15 minutes when it turned brown and the crust looks crunchy. It was super delicious and quick for an easy, go-to weeknight dinner. Give it a try!
The crew over at Marc’s has kindly given me a few Marc’s gift cards to giveaway so that you too can grab a few pounds of the Kretschmar Deli Meats and Cheeses and give them a try. To enter to win, head over to my Instagram post, Tuesday morning to find out how to enter.
SPONSORED POST: Thank you to Marc’s and Kretschmar for inviting me to to simplify my holiday meals this season so that I have more time to enjoy with my family. To learn more, please visit http://www.kretschmardeli.com. Thanks for supporting Marc’s and Kretschmar, while allowing me to create special content like this for iheartcleveland!
30 Oct 2018
See you at Hullabaloo!
OMG you guys…just 5 more days until the final Hullabaloo fashion show and celebration presented by Yellowcake! I am so excited to attend as I’ve always been a big fan who loves all of their bright colds, bold styles, and funky aesthetic! This season I am really loving the flirty, feminine styles Valerie and her team have designed and I can’t wait to get a look at them up close and personal.
I LOVE this red, off the shoulder dress! It would be such a fun holiday vacation dress…I can’t wait to see it walk the runway.
Defined as an uproarious occasion, Hullabaloo is a fashion show fundraising event of fantastically colorful proportions. Yellowcake Shop is a local contemporary clothing company run by Project Runway alumna, Valerie Mayen. Specializing in Cleveland made, high quality clothing for women with local roots and quality aesthetic. This years event beneficiary is the non profit; Wigs for Kids.
This Saturday, November 3rd at the new, GORGEOUS event space, The Madison. This year promises to be a “confectionary dreamland of runway-worthy garments inspired by the tastiest sweets & treats this city has to offer.” They had me at “confectionary!”
Have you purchased your tickets? I have a 15% off treat for you using the coupon code HB18TEAM. Enjoy my sweet friends…I can’t wait to see you guys Saturday night!
23 Oct 2018
Spooky Halloween fun in the CLE
Hey friends. Are you totally loving this amazing fall season in Northeast Ohio like I am? Yesterday was SO COLD but somehow our family layered and bundled and braved the outdoor fall festival at Mapleside Farms.
It’s been a fun spooky season at our house with a 4-year-old and the infinite possibilities of choosing a Halloween costume. One day he wants to be Flash, the next an astronaut and currently we are planning to be the Incredible Hulk…let’s not hold our breath. (see above half Superman, half Hulk)
Speaking of Halloween…there are SO MANY fun, fall, family activities to do over the next few weeks…pick 1 thing or pick a few, but make sure whatever you choose to do make sure to dress warm and bring plenty of snacks…candy corn for the win!
Today I wanted to share a few things that sound like a blast when it comes to Halloween festivities…I’m sure there are a ton more so feel free to add to my list in the comments below. Enjoy!
• Tarot card readings in a Speakeasy : Ever been to the secret speakeasy in Cleveland Heights? Ring the doorbell, then follow the back staircase of Cleveland Heights barbershop Quintana’s until you reach the second-floor intimate cocktail bar. Grab a stiff bourbon drink and have your cards read by Stephanie Ginese on Tuesday, Oct. 23 &
Tuesday, Oct. 30 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
• Spooky Fest at Mapleside Farms : It’s a weekend of family-friendly fun at Mapleside Farms. Kids can show off their Halloween best in an afternoon costume parade. They can play in Pumpkin Village, filled with activities like hayrides, pig races, and a corn maze. PLUS they have delicious donuts, warm cider for the kids and a beer garden for Moms & Dads! Oct. 27-28th.
• Cedar Point Halloweekend – It’s an obvious stop on the festivities trail but a great one at that. Pre-toddler, we used to love to visit for a spooky, date night while now we enjoy the characters at The Great Pumpkin Fest. There TRULY is something for all levels of spooky aficionados to the little goblins in your life.
• Pinecrest Pumpkin Palooza – Do you keep meaning to go explore the east sides newest shopping and dining destination? This afternoon would be a great excuse to throw your kids in the car for some trick-o-treating and then you can also hit up Shake Shack too! Sunday, October 28th from 1-3pm.
• “Night of the Living Dead” – The Cedar Lee Theatre is honoring the 50th anniversary of this original zombie flick with two evening screenings. Wednesday, Oct. 24th at 10 p.m. and Thursday, Oct. 25th at 7 p.m.
• Boo at the Zoo – If you have little ones that love searching for animals and candy this is the Halloween event for you. Bundle up, this event tends to be a cold one! Also, get your tickets in advance, this weekend will be a busy one.
• Twist Social Club : All I can say is if you are looking for an elaborate, over the top fun holiday then look no more, Twist is the place to go. They have a bunch of fun things planned so get dressed up and head out to Twist!
Oct. 26 – Hallo-Queen drag queen show
Oct. 27 – Halloween horror soiree
Oct. 31 – Skaryoke costume karaoke
• Spooktacular orchestra concert : Have a music lover in the family? Dress up and head off to Severance for an afternoon of exploring music and spooky beats! Tickets available on their site. Sunday, October 28, 3pm.
So…I hope I’ve given you a few fun and oh so spooky Halloween ideas for you, your ghouls and your little goblins. Happy Halloween Cleveland. I heart ya!
Yep…that is me and my yellow pants, front row & center at @altsummit in 2015. The woman in the white shirt speaking to the crowd of female entrepreneurs, creatives & makers is the one & only @marthastewart. To say I left that day inspired an understatement.
I have a huge respect and admiration for what the @altsummit conference organizers do, year after year. Designing a conference for those of us who are constant creative dreamers & doers is not an easy feat. If you’ve always wanted to attend but weren’t sure it’s for you…it’s for everyone!!!
What’s even more fun is that next March I am going to be representing & speaking at #altsummit on the “Relevance of the regional influencer; why big isn’t always better.” Get excited! If you’ve been thinking about attending but need a little push. I have a code for $50 off registration…code “CHARITY” get your ticket & let’s plan to hang out in Palm Springs…while the rest of Cleveland is bundled up in the snow!
A few notes on ticket pricing. The current individual ticket price is $849. With the $50 discount, the price for you is $799. On November 1st the new price for individual tickets will rise to $949 and will continue to rise each month. Reserve your spot today!
Last year I set a personal goal to try & so more public speaking. Whether about design, entrepreneurship or blogging. Here’s to making goals happen, stepping out of our comfort zones & taking a risk. I hope you will join me, I’d love to see some familiar insta friends in the audience. Clevelander’s are the best.
Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. The link to the conference is in my bio! Happy Thursday everyone.
09 Oct 2018
Designer Dress Days – This week!
Happy Designer Dress Days week to everyone! Do you know what this exciting event is? It’s almost as good as the holidays and your most favorite birthday party wrapped into one high-fashion, for-a-good-cause, estate sale meets boutique shopping extravaganza.
This year, join the volunteers of the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) as they celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Designer Dress Days here in Cleveland. The 2018 sale boasts beautiful new and gently worn designer and well know clothing, purses, fine & costume jewelry, scarves, furs, leathers, coats, dresses, etc. Over 250 volunteers help make this 4-day sale both fun and successful.
The NCJW is a grassroots organization of volunteers & advocates who turn progressive ideals into action. NCJW strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children, and families and by safeguarding individual rights and freedoms through advocacy, community service projects, programs & education as well as their Thriftique and Designer Dress Days events!
The other day I had the privilege of doing a bit of behind the scenes browsing at some of this years, for-sale-fashions…let me just say I was BLOWN away by all of the high-end designer name brands at such affordable pricing. From Chanel to Escada and Tory Burch to DVF there is literally something for everyone. Personally, I love more of the older vintage pieces including coats…if this weather ever cooperates…and they had lots and lot of vintage too!
The sale kicks off this Friday with the preview event ($20 entry) and then picks back up on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday for some serious shopping. Join me at the Mandel Jewish Community Center, 26001 S Woodland Rd, Beachwood, OH 44122. Looking forward to seeing everyone…time to shop till we drop…fashion for a great cause!
Shopping days & times!
Friday, October 12, 2018 – Preview day ($20.00 Fee) 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sunday, October 14, 2018– 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Monday, October 15, 2018 – 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Tuesday, October 16, 2018– 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
SPONSORED POST: Thank you to NCJW for including my story about Designer Dress Days as part of their social outreach. Thanks for supporting this organization and this incredible sale, while allowing me to create special content like this for iheartcleveland!