Hello and happy Monday everybody. What a beautiful weekend living in the 216 don’t you think? Over the weekend I was a super lucky lady to have my sister and her friend visiting from the Pacific Northwest city of Seattle. An entire weekend of showing them the coolest parts of the city, visiting with some great friends and “consuming” some yummy meals & summer cocktails.
Not to share every detail of the weekend…but just a few of the tourist highlights….here we go!
– We kicked off the weekend with lunch at the Greenhouse Tavern including an amazing hamburger and a few lovely drinks. (I polished off my burger to discover the cute piggy plate, love it!)
– Then we spent the afternoon scouring Suite Lorain for vintage treasures. I bought a new flower broach, a strand of red crystal beads and a white enamel strawberry pin.
– We enjoyed the drive down MLK as we shared the Cultural Gardens with our out-of-towners.
– On Saturday we took to East 55th to explore the Cleveland Flea. Loved the artist and “maker” vendors.
– We showed off our Westside Market to our Seattle guests, buying bread and chocolate for the week ahead.
– We hit up the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and their latest Rolling Stones Exhibit…I have to say I was BLOWN AWAY at how many people were there, it had such a great energy and the exhibit was super rockin.
Then it was time to bring our guests to the airport for their flight home. I had a great weekend sharing and showing off our amazing city! It’s really fun to be a tourist in your own town, try it sometime. Have a great MONDAY, chat soon.