Morning! Can you believe some of our little Cleveland residents will put on their new shoes, pack a lunch and go back to school today? Where did the summer go? I guess the time old saying really does ring true…time flies when you are having fun. This summer was packed to the gills with fun, no wonder it’s the end of August already.
I don’t know about you, but at the beginning of this summer I put pen to paper and wrote myself a little list of “summer 2011 to-do’s,” I must say I made it through most everything with a few little things yet to tackle…good thing I’ve got a few more weeks!
– Visit Jeni’s in Chagrin Falls (pistachio & honey/strawberry & buttermilk!)
– Make mussels on the grille
– Go Kayaking (Twice! With the guys at 41 degrees north, they rock!)
– Enjoy a Tribe game (even sat in the social suite!)
– Attend my third Summer Solstice Party at the Cleveland Museum of Art, always a magical evening.
– Explore new restaurants including Flour, Umami, Noodle Cat & Market Garden Brewery (Still need to hit up Banana Blossom)
– Spend time on one of our Northern Ohio beaches (How I LOVE Mentor Headlands so much!)
– Go to the Cuyahoga County Fair (Lots of cute baby animals & a corn dog!)
– Spray paint my porch furniture & have a few friends for drinks on the porch (complete with record player)
– Camping out with friends. (karaoke round the campfire, gourmet camp cooking & midnight visits from raccoons!)
– Cook out pizzas on the grille (Trader Joes makes great pizza dough for the crusts)
– Take in the tunes at a Wade Oval Wednesday, super fun.
The few things I need to still try and do to make my summer complete…
– Go for a night ride with Century Cycles on the towpath, there are a few more scheduled.
– Pack up the picnic basket for an after work picnic at Huntington Beach with dessert from Mitchell’s Ice Cream.
– Tackle one of the homemade ice cream recipes from my new Jeni’s cookbook
– Finish my chic Browns Skirt…yes, I am going to make a cute skirt to wear tailgating. No making fun. :)
– Try and go camping one more time.
– And last, after all the ice cream…take a free Sunday morning yoga class at the still new Lululemon store at the Eaton Collection
So all in all, my summer has been amazing! Cleveland is filled with so much fun, you just have to go find it or make the fun for yourself. Did you have a summer list? Did I miss anything? Fill me in…for next years list! :)
(illustration…another page from my amazing yard sale find the Cleveland 1981 Calendar by Viktor Schreckengost, amazing!)