Hey CLE! What a busy week it’s been. From teaching my first ride at Harness Cycle (way to go riders!) to enjoying time with a friend over dinner at Toast and seeing the AMAZING performance of Sweeny Todd at the Hanna Theatre…I am ready for the weekend.
As always there is so much happening and I will fill you all in, after today’s ticket giveaway. Today, I have two tickets to the highly anticipated Bourbon Street Ball, an annual fundraiser for the LGBT Community Center. The party is Sunday, October 27th at the House of Blues from 6-10pm. There will be costumes, comedy and lots of great music. If you want a pair of tickets, give me a little tweet at “@iheartclev I’d love tickets to the @BourbonStBall!” The winner will be drawn by random end of day Monday, October 21st. Good luck!
I also wanted to remind you that Sweeny Todd does run for a few more weeks and it is truly a wonderful production. The talented of the actors & actresses blew my mind, the music was amazing and I can’t even tell you how creepy and cool all the blood and baking was. Just go…It’s awesome.
A few other spooky weekend happenings for you to check out…
– Fifth Annual Cleveland Zombie Crawl : This is way too spooky for me, but if you can swing it get your zombie on or watch the crawl. It kicks off at ABC Tavern at 8pm in Ohio City. Register online by today or pay cash at the door to participate.
– Dead Ride : along those same lines, if you want to dress as a zombie and ride your bikes around town, it’s time for the annual Dead Ride Saturday afternoon at 3pm. The ride begins at Lincoln park Pub in Tremont, so pump up those tires and wear your best bloody costume, it’ time for the Dead Ride. (again, another one thats way too spooky for me!)
– IX-Center’s Spooktacular Trick or Treat Street Festival – If you have little ones and aren’t into super Zombie scares…there is always the IX-Centers’s Spooktacular Trick or Treat Street Festival. Lots of candy, prizes for costumes, a 3-d mystery manor, live entertainment, rides and more. Might be a good Saturday afternoon family option as they are currently predicting rain.
– Heights Music Hop : Tonight in the Cedar-Lee District of Cleveland Heights , enjoy local bands free of charge at nine different stages between the library and Zagara’s grocery store. I hear it’s gonna be a greta time and looks like it will be nice and dry for a fall evening of musical fun.
– Pumpkin Carving Contest : This is actually for next week, but since fall scheules are busy I wanted to let everyone know about McNulty’s Bier Market’s Annual pumpkin carving contest on October 24th. Get a free pumpkin with the purchase of ANY pumpkin beer. Winner to receive a pumpkin beer basket…Sounds fun.
Happy Friday, happy weekend everybody!