Here at iheartcleveland it’s the week for celebrating LOVE! Love of our city, love of our friends, love of our lake, love of all the amazing foodie hot spots around town, love of all the awesome arts & culture destinations. Today I wanted to put together a few fun things I am loving and happenings that are going on around town in the celebration of this weeks Valentine’s holiday.
EATING OUT : I know we all love to go out to dinner from time to time, and while I am not a big fan of actually heading out to dinner on February 14th, I’m not opposed to celebrating at anytime from now till early net week. Here are a few holiday hot spots I may try and hit up.
• Urban Farmer, has a great brunch and incredible morning cocktails, this Sunday make your reservation as they are hosting a Valentine’s Buffet brunch complete with a toast bar (chocolate chip banana bread!) omelet stations and locally cured morning meats, yummy!
• Punch Bowl Social : Where can you go for bowling, a dash of ping pong and an awesome romantic dinner for you and your bestie? Punch Bowl Social CLE!!! Make a reservation and start planning your visit to include the “Loves Me; Loves Me Not” adult punch (bourbon, lemon juice & maraschino cherries) a few bacon wrapped dates, steak & gruyere potato pancakes and mini tiramisu shots. Sign me up! (if you already have hearts day plans, “kids bowl free” on President’s Day, so you could always go on Monday?)
• Sarita in Lakewood : Have you checked out the new Sarita’s in Lakewood (Old Players on Madison)? Chef Tony Romano and his team have a very special dinner planned for all you love birds out there…complete with chocolate dipped strawberries. Visit their new site for the complete menu and make sure to call for your reservation, it will for sure book up fast.
Happenings : There are so many great things happening around town to woo your honey’s heart with. Here is a short list of a few exciting weekend happenings.
• “I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.”
David Bowie Memorial Show at the Beachland Ballroom this Friday night! Bring your main squeeze for some Bowie tunes performed by many of the areas best musicians.
• Yoga & Chocolate : At Krysia Energy Yoga on Center Ridge Road in Westlake. Gather your fellow yoga loving friends and enjoy some sweet time on your mat. After your practice indulge in a few handmade chocolates from Tremont’s Lilly Chocolates!
• Face Value by Bob Dylan : I know we think of Bob Dylan as a musician but did you know he painted portraits of people while on tour? Or that he loved to weld artistic gates? This international exhibit of Dylan’s work has been curated by the National Portrait Gallery and has recently found a home at Kent State University. Wouldn’t an afternoon in an art gallery be a magical Valentine’s Day date? Bring your sweetie to see the show which runs now through March 5th.
• Galentines Party at ReDress – Grab your girly friends and head over to hang with Rachel and her team at ReDress in Lakewood. While you are browsing the fashions and awesome jewels get your hair braided (braid crowns!!!) your makeup done, a mini massage and lots of sweet treats and cocktails while you enjoy tunes by DJ Genna Petrolla!
• Art with your family : Sunday is family fun day at the Cleveland Museum of Art. That means free art projects with your littlest Valentines’. Activities begin at 11, its a wonderful place to bring your pack for some good hands-on art fun, promise.
Whatever you do with your friends and family during this season for celebrating love, have fun & stay warm Cleveland. Happy Valentines Day to you!