Happy Friday & happy Opening Day friends! I hope you scored some good seats for the Tribe’s first 2015 home game and I will plan to see you at the newly remodeled stadium. If you are looking for a bit of an insiders guide to Opening Day check out a post from a few years ago, it’s still full of pertinent tips of the day.
I know I often ask for your opinions and thoughts but today I really need your help and input. Next Saturday – a week from tomorrow – kicks off the 30th Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions. Yours truly, yep, I can barely believe it….MIGHT, repeat MIGHT have the opportunity to interview some of this years very worthy inductees, Ringo Star! Bill Withers! Joan Jett! Lou Reed! The thing is, I know once I come face to face with some of these rockers I’m gonna freeze and be in awe of their coolness…that’s where YOU come into play.
What should I ask them? As a Clevelander, what do you want to know? Shoot me your questions and I will bring them to the press room and see if I can snag a music celeb or two and represent our city behind the scenes.
If you didn’t get tickets to the inductions, don’t worry there will be SO MANY opportunities to get involved during the week including tomorrow’s FREE Celebration Day and fireworks. Check out all the events and exhibits here!
So send me your questions and I will do my best to get them answered…if I’m not too star struck! :)
Oh and get out and enjoy the CLE Flea this weekend…it’s gonna be a perfect weekend to go searching for a spring treasure.
Happy Friday everyone! Looks like this snow will pass and the weekend is going to warm up a bit. Gotta love a little wild Cleveland weather.
This weekend is filled with MANY spooky celebrations so make your plans, grab a quick costume and get on out and enjoy Cleveland!
– Halloweekends : This weekend is the last of the season folks. It IS very spooky but nothing beats flying through the air in the dark. Cedar Points Halloweekends is filled with spooky ride and crazy scary zombies, witches and warewolves galore! We are gonna hit “The Point” one last time for the season and get our scream on! Get there this weekend, it’s gonna be a spooky blast!
– Rock Hall Music Masters Concert : This Saturday night the Rock Hall honors the Rolling Stones at the 18th Annual Music Master Concert. Come see artists like Chuck D. and harmonica master Sugar Blue. Tickets are going fast but there are still a few available, the event will go down at Playhouse Square State Theatre.
– Nash Clambake : Always wanted to check out the Slovenian Home while eating clams and cheering for the Browns? This weekend come cheer on your home team to polkas, ping pong and lots of clams!
– Cemetery Run & Yoga celebration : Tailgating not your thing? Check out Cleveland Yoga’s Trik(onasana). Join Liz *& Melissa as they run throughout the historic Lakeview Cemetary and then practice a 75-minute power yoga class. It’s sure to awaken the dead energy within each of us… For more information visit their page to sign up.
– Treasury Wine Dinner : Next week, October 29th, Pier W will be hosting an educational event celebrating renowned California wines and vineyards. The event will feature a 4-course menu crated by Chef Regan and paired with several Cali wines. I’d take wine any day over sugary halloween candy…how about you? Looking forward to seeing everyone there and chatting about good vino!
(photo from a visit to Szalay’s Farm! The best pumpkins and fall treats around!)
Have a great week everyone. Don’t forget to carve your pumpkins and decorate the yards for trick or treaters all over Northeast Ohio this upcoming week!
Hey Cleveland and happy Friday! Looks like we are in for a lovely Labor Day weekend weather wise…perhaps a bit of a drizzle here and there but overall a great one for beach, barbecues, football and those final few summer cocktails!
Yesterday I the pleasure of lunching at Flour. I always forget what a wonderful place it is and the bar set up; to die for. Plus, they have these deep fried goat cheese stuffed olives…you’ve got to try them some time. I sorta want another plate right now.
Lots of fun things happening in the 216 this weekend…but just a few reminders. Tonight is the big yoga, music and everything CLE event “Believe in CLE” hosted by Innerbliss Yoga, Lululemon and the Rock Hall. The event kicks off at 7pm with the actual yoga flow at 8pm. Be there early as they are expecting hundreds of yogi’s from all over Northeast, Ohio. I am psyched!
Tomorrow kicks off the first Buckeyes football game of the season. Kick off against Buffalo at noon. O.H.I.O. Go scarlet & gray!
This weekend is also the perfect time to get out and explore the area beaches one more time. My favorite? I like them all for different reasons….Huntington when I only have a few hours to spend in the sun as it is close to home, Edgewater when I want to meet up with friends and spend the day enjoying the beach PLUS all the incredible people watching and if I want to feel like I am going on a mini vacation…Mentor Headlands, they have the best sand! Bust out your sun screen & beach towels it’s one more time!
Oh…and don’t forget about those white pants and shoes…you’ve GOT to wear them this weekend…HA! Who really follows that rule anymore? White jeans look fantastic with a chunky cable knit sweater and jean jacket in the fall…while you are picking pumpkins of course. :)
Have a fantastic Labor Day everybody. Don’t forget to enter the Land of Nod giveaway from my previous post. Winner to be drawn on Tueday!
Hey there and happy Thursday! Today I’ve got to tell you about a wonderful collaboration between Innerbliss Yoga, Lululemon and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Believe in CLE is a celebration of music, yoga and connection to the city, to your friends and to yourselves.
Kick off your Labor Day holiday weekend, Friday night, August 30th with a good stretch at sundown on the plaza of the Rock Hall. Experience yoga stories from cities leaders and fellow yogi’s as we take time to connect to one another as agents of change for the 216. Best part, this event is FREE and open to the public, so grab your friends and make an evening yogi date!
To prep yourself for this fun evening event, Innerbliss has provided me a 3 class pass to attend any of their yoga classes at either their Rocky River or Westlake studio to giveaway to one lucky reader. To enter to win, tweet me @iheartclev “I Believe in CLE & would heart the @InnerBlissYoga1 class pass! Namasté!” Winner to be chosen by random, Monday, August 26th! Good luck.
For more information on the Belive in CLE event, check out their facebook event page!