While I’m pretty confident I can whip up a good coconut cupcake or banana bread, when it comes to fine pastry making I’m a total novice. Enter the Pastry Chef Kara from Urban Farmer! Join me and Chef Kara Saturday, May 28th from 1-3:30pm for an afternoon of learning as she teaches us about the art of making and decorating pastries! Let’s just say this afternoon is gonna be so “SWEET” I can barely wait! Get your reservation in today…I’m sure this event will fill up fast!
SPONSORED POST : I was invited to attend the pastry making class at Urban Farmers as part of their social engagements efforts. Thanks for supporting this sweets destination as they allow me to share special content like this for iheartcleveland!
(Couldn’t help but post this little pic of Baby Ninja trying to get into my desk when I wasn’t looking. He is my best Valentine this year for sure…well of course him and Mr. C.)
Here at iheartcleveland it’s the week for celebrating LOVE! Love of our city, love of our friends, love of our lake, love of all the amazing foodie hot spots around town, love of all the awesome arts & culture destinations. Today I wanted to put together a few fun things I am loving and happenings that are going on around town in the celebration of this weeks Valentine’s holiday.
EATING OUT : I know we all love to go out to dinner from time to time, and while I am not a big fan of actually heading out to dinner on February 14th, I’m not opposed to celebrating at anytime from now till early net week. Here are a few holiday hot spots I may try and hit up.
• Urban Farmer, has a great brunch and incredible morning cocktails, this Sunday make your reservation as they are hosting a Valentine’s Buffet brunch complete with a toast bar (chocolate chip banana bread!) omelet stations and locally cured morning meats, yummy!
• Punch Bowl Social : Where can you go for bowling, a dash of ping pong and an awesome romantic dinner for you and your bestie? Punch Bowl Social CLE!!! Make a reservation and start planning your visit to include the “Loves Me; Loves Me Not” adult punch (bourbon, lemon juice & maraschino cherries) a few bacon wrapped dates, steak & gruyere potato pancakes and mini tiramisu shots. Sign me up! (if you already have hearts day plans, “kids bowl free” on President’s Day, so you could always go on Monday?)
• Sarita in Lakewood : Have you checked out the new Sarita’s in Lakewood (Old Players on Madison)? Chef Tony Romano and his team have a very special dinner planned for all you love birds out there…complete with chocolate dipped strawberries. Visit their new site for the complete menu and make sure to call for your reservation, it will for sure book up fast.
Happenings : There are so many great things happening around town to woo your honey’s heart with. Here is a short list of a few exciting weekend happenings.
• “I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.”
David Bowie Memorial Show at the Beachland Ballroom this Friday night! Bring your main squeeze for some Bowie tunes performed by many of the areas best musicians.
• Yoga & Chocolate : At Krysia Energy Yoga on Center Ridge Road in Westlake. Gather your fellow yoga loving friends and enjoy some sweet time on your mat. After your practice indulge in a few handmade chocolates from Tremont’s Lilly Chocolates!
• Face Value by Bob Dylan : I know we think of Bob Dylan as a musician but did you know he painted portraits of people while on tour? Or that he loved to weld artistic gates? This international exhibit of Dylan’s work has been curated by the National Portrait Gallery and has recently found a home at Kent State University. Wouldn’t an afternoon in an art gallery be a magical Valentine’s Day date? Bring your sweetie to see the show which runs now through March 5th.
• Galentines Party at ReDress – Grab your girly friends and head over to hang with Rachel and her team at ReDress in Lakewood. While you are browsing the fashions and awesome jewels get your hair braided (braid crowns!!!) your makeup done, a mini massage and lots of sweet treats and cocktails while you enjoy tunes by DJ Genna Petrolla!
• Art with your family : Sunday is family fun day at the Cleveland Museum of Art. That means free art projects with your littlest Valentines’. Activities begin at 11, its a wonderful place to bring your pack for some good hands-on art fun, promise.
Whatever you do with your friends and family during this season for celebrating love, have fun & stay warm Cleveland. Happy Valentines Day to you!
Happy Friday CLE…we made it! Another holiday week behind us and I am heading into the weekend ready to mix and mingle in the spirit of the season, how about you guys?
Last night our studio went out for our annual holiday celebration, such fun. We kicked off the evening with cocktails at Velvet Tango Room; the “VTR Manhattan” was my drink of choice. From there we headed over to Lollita’s for a lovely dinner and even better conversation. The holidays give us the excuse to go out and enjoy some of the areas’s best restaurants…but we really should do this more often.
Speaking of going out, have you been to the new(ish) Urban Farmer? The last time I dined there we started with selections from their roaming cheese cart, then indulged in a twice baked fingerling potato tart and finished with a delicious ribeye steak, seriously foodie stuff. Not only is the food amazing, next time you are there try and sneak a peek of the private dining room, stunning interiors.
For today’s holiday giveaway have I got a treat for you. Dinner for two at Urban Farmer (worth $100) is what the “blog elf” has in store for one lucky reader. To win this dining opportunity tweet me “@iheartclev I’d like to win dinner at @UrbanFarmerCle” Winner will be announced Wednesday, December 17th. Good luck!
Have a great weekend enjoying all of the holiday cheer in Northeast Ohio. I think we are going to try and hit up the Cleveland Bazaar and the Gordon Arts Square holiday fun on Saturday, hope to see you there.
*I was offered this reader giveaway by Urban Farmer as part of their holiday marketing efforts. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting this restaurant that makes good food and that also allows me to create special content like this for iheartcleveland!
Happy Friday everyone! While it was a short week, I still feel like I was able to get a bunch accomplished at work and at home, how about you? I love checking off little projects from my to-do list, even if the “to-do” was super small. From finally unpacking numerous boxes of housewares from our move (almost 2 years ago) to starting to pack up some of my maternity clothes (YIPPY) little projects rock!
We have company coming in this weekend and it looks like it’s going to be a gorgeous one. I’m thinking about exploring some of the wineries in the Vermillion area, watching some football (Go Brownies!) and hitting up a few restaurants. Oh, plus, my parents (our “company”) will have hours of complete joy playing with Baby Ninja. He is just starting to really smile, coo and play along with a good game of peek-a-boo, so super fun.
While I was making our weekend itinerary I couldn’t help but thinking about the beef tartar, scallops and steak that I devoured the other evening at Urban Farmer’s blogger event. The food, the service and the stylish interiors blew my mind, way more than I could have expected. Check out some of the dishes/images from the evening and next time you need a place to bring your out of town guests…or just because, make sure to explore Urban Farmer.